Special Event Permits
Enhancing Our Community
The City of Healdsburg is host to many varied special events throughout the year. These events are an important part of our community and can add significantly to the quality of life for our residents and visitors. Depending on the nature of the events, they can enhance our neighborhoods, highlight products and services, provide marketing opportunities, and add to our cultural enrichment.
- Our Special Event Application Packet (PDF) is intended to help you understand the special event permitting process and provide helpful information as you plan your event.
- Please select the City Event Planner that corresponds with your requested event venue and complete a site plan of your proposed event.
- Please complete our Fire Department forms Opens a New Window.and submit the required tent permit and cooking booth form if you plan on having food vendors at your event.
- The City of Healdsburg encourages special event organizers to employ local food vendors to provide services at events taking place in Healdsburg. Feel free to contact us for a current list of recommended food vendors.
- If you are interested in hanging a banner at Recreation Park to advertise your event, please complete a Banner Application (PDF).
2023 Special Event Updates
The City of Healdsburg City Council recently approved an update to the City’s Master Fee Schedule that will impact all special event permit applications moving forward. The new fees and fee structure can be found in the most recent Master Fee Schedule that took effect on July 1, 2022.
On April 3, 2023, City Council adopted the following 2023 Goal for special events:
Create a master calendar for special events and provide cost analysis and cost sharing summary. Take feedback from City Council to incorporate a master list process into the City’s special event policy. Formalize the special event policy updates and 2024 special event review and approval process for City Council consideration.
To start this conversation, Community Services is piloting a program this year to combine all special event requests for the remainder of 2023 into a single list for City Council review and approval. It is anticipated after City Council review, there will be charges to our typical permitting process for special events occuring after January 1, 2024. These updates come in coordination with a pre-existing update to the Special Events Policy and Healdsburg Municipal Code in Summer/Fall 2023.
In Fall 2023, the City of Heladbsurg will launch an updated Special Event Permit Application. Special Events occurring after January 1, 2024 will be required to use the updated application.
Special Events Policy
The City Council adopted a set of policies that guide special events in Healdsburg to ensure that each event is successful. Please review the special events policyOpens a New Window. prior to submitting an application, and call 707-431-3301 with any questions on how this policy might apply to your event.
- Complete the application packet (PDF) and map (PDF)Opens a New Window. (supplemental forms if needed)
- Submit the packet to the Community Services Department for City Review
- Event Applications must be received 60-90 days in advance.
- Submit any supplemental documentation (fees, letters, insurance, etc.)
- Schedule pre-event walk-through with city staff, if required.